lunes, 4 de junio de 2012

…I Couldn’t Get Over Having Lost Power and Control



Morning, Excerpts and Index of the book  ¨A gateway to Life¨ written by Carmen de Sayve  and Jocelyn Arellano. Each week we will be upload the complete book. Hope you like it, please comment.

A soul once came to us who had gone through a similar problem of power and control. This is what he shared with us:

I suffered greatly after my death. Suddenly I found myself in a cold, dark place. I wanted to continue controlling and enjoying everything as I had in life. During my final days on earth, my physical suffering was such that I did wish for death, but after leaving behind everything I'd ever loved, I felt even worse.
        
The grief of my wife, who had lived only for me, kept me stuck here for a long time. Worse, I couldn't get over having lost the control and the power I'd once held over those around me.
        
I don’t know how long, in earthly time, this hell lasted, but I lost my way due to pride and my desire for power and control. It was very painful for me to watch all the legal disputes over my estate, and I promised myself I would never again succumb to the desire to possess. It was a great lesson in detachment. Now I will have to experience a lifetime of deprivation in order to master detachment and humility.

I do not yet have the strength to take on such a life, but I know it will come in due course. All I can tell you is that now that I have transcended attachment to power and control. I am happy, and I don’t want it to go through that again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Puedes dejar tu comentario al Comentar como:
Usuario de gmail (requieres ingresar tu correo y contraseña una sola vez)
Anónimo si no quieres registrar nada.